3 Ingredients Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten Free)
I am not much of a baker.
I don't like to adhere to strict measurements or timings. I like to be a free agent in the kitchen.
And I like to use what I have in the cupboards rather than what is required from the recipe. If I'm cooking something savoury you can substitute some items. Baking not so much. For instance I once didn't have any eggs so I used milk. Its not the same.
So when I found this recipe when searching the internet, when I had a massive craving one night, for peanut butter, I knew this was the recipe for me. It calls from 3 simple ingredients. Admittedly I had no golden caster sugar in so I did have to pop to a shop but its the simplest baking I've ever done and will hopefully ever do.
200g of Smooth Peanut Butter (crunchy can also be used if you're into that kind of thing)
175g Golden Caster Sugar
1 Large Egg
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C and grease two large baking trays. Mix the peanut butter and sugar into a bowl and mix well.
2. Add the egg and mix well until doughy
3. Break off segments and roll into a ball (the size will depend on how big/little you want your cookies to be) Press the cookies down lightly with fingers or back of a spoon until flat. Ensure you leave some room between as will expand in oven
4. Cook for 12 minutes
5. Cool on tray for 10 minutes
6. Try not to eat them all at once